American society has changed a lot in the last five years. Pot decriminalization spread quickly
across the states, more jobs stopped discriminating against pot users, more of the underground
economy went legit. All this is happening while an opioid epidemic continues to burn. Lets look
to work on our sobriety, this is a good time to look ahead at the next five years and do a evaluation. I believe we can these days and before sobriety we could not
● Cannabis and related products will continue to be decriminalized, and we’ll see an influx
of new workers competing for quality jobs as minor pot convictions are pardoned or set
● The commercialization of cannabis, cannabinoids, hemp and the like will continue to
explode, bringing new jobs to more places.
● Governments will make great progress preventing opioid addiction and building up
treatment and care for addicts.
● Health insurance will cover prescription CBD uses as clinical research finds more
evidence for its efficacy.
● CBDs will become an everyday safe drug for athletic recuperation.
● Screening potential employees for cannabis use will become focused on operating
heavy equipment and not for the whole workforce.
And there will be plenty of surprises.
This series of epidemics has way laid my thoughts and current research. let’s just stay sober and watch what happens in this next 5 years because the post afflicted individual can. Praise God for that perspective.
Note: I just restarted my Master’s Degree program and have switched my major to Special Education. I have a gut feeling that I’ve made a good decision. The America we live in is going through a disability currently and it’s citizens included. My work will be something I will passionately pursue and never stop loving it.